Thursday, September 14, 2006


Some of the things I love about my "position":

  • I know everything before everyone else does.
  • It makes my life seem not so bad, and it distracts me from my own problems when my life is bad.
  • I can genuinely say that I have helped my friends, and in some cases, even changed their lives. How many people can honestly say that?
  • Helping my friends discover themselves has helped me discover who I am.


Some of the things I hate about my "position":

  • When people say "Please don't tell anyone" after they have been confiding in me for years and know that I have never slipped.
  • When people ask me what the other person said about them when they know full well that my lips are sealed, which goes along with the next one.
  • Being caught between two people and having loyalties to both.
  • Sometimes talking to people for hours and just wanting to scream "What is so hard about this to understand?!"
  • When I get blamed if something goes wrong: I only help come to decisions, I don't make them or carry them out.
  • Most of my friends are only used to talking and don't know how to listen.

                I guess it all comes down to which outweighs which, and sadly, that changes from time to time. I finally understand what people mean when they say that something is both a gift and a curse.

            No comments: